Sundance 4.3 fading sun but will it work for my family

Hello. Looking at buying a good condition (for age) Sundance 4.3. Note last comment for a S4.3 was 2016 so not the flavor of topics. However this one not the easiest to take for a test sail, and no real stats on S4.3 online, but was wondering how it would fair weight wise with an 90kg adult and a couple of kids so all up lets say 150kg. Have looked for a hobie 16 but nothing coming up in my price range, have realized also Id sink a couple of great hobie 14s on offer, so the Sundance hits the note re price and condition. Have been told they are avg sailing prowess and build quality but that's fine for my purposes, just interested with that weight will it be groaning, pitching and a stalled ride or happily accommodate. Any input at any level appreciated. Thanks   (will be sailing from Adelaide, so mainly gulf waters)

Edited by Bradley Cooper
add location

Hi Bradley,
no 14ft cat is gonna perform with 150kgs on board.
90 - 120kgs is really maximum weight - unless it's blowing 20 knots + in which case having 2 kids on board is asking for trouble...

I have a nice Windrush 14 on trailer for sale - old boat but still in great condition with mylar sail and furling jib - goes great too - but it's in Sydney...

Let me know if interested…
PP

• 6 months later...

Belated reply but I’ve taken my Sundance 4.3 out with myself and my twin 11 yr old boys quite a bit in freshwater. Our combined weight would be nearing 180kgs. You won’t be winning any races but the boat will certainly handle it.

We sailed the 2021 Milang - Goolwa 3 up and came last on handicap but had fun anyway. I went in the Milang - Goolwa & Goolwa - Milang this year by myself at 105kgs and came 2nd on handicap in both by mere minutes so they can be competitive, on handicap at least, but distance events are pretty lonely, you won’t be match racing Nacras, A classes or Taipans!

i bought mine as a cheap way to get some sailing thrills with the kids and it has well and truly delivered. One thing not to overlook is that it only takes one person to step the mast, super convenient with young kids.