Class legal 5.8 hatches.

Dennis5.8

Dennis

As Mal so rightly pointed out - Boats are built to a purpose. The Nacra 5.8 was built as a high performance racing cat and therefore does not cater for family picnics very well. I have seen plenty of boats with inspection caps behind the front beam -usually because of a repair. I doubt whether anyone would ever protest you for doing that. Cat sailing needs as many people on the water at race events, it would be a very narrow minded person that would protest you for adding 2x 150mm -200mm portholes.

DO NOT ADD HATCHES as the strenght of the boat will be comprimised and IT WILL TAKE WATER ON however careful you are in installing them.

As Mal said - Get your insurance and come sailing at Easter at Lake Cootharabah for the state titles. You will learn a hell of a lot in one weekend and be able to talk to others about how to get the most out of your boat. I know of at least 3 other 5.8 that are older than yours and they will be there.

Don't worry about the fact you may not know all the rules ... just keep well away from any boat with AUS105 on the sail and we will get on just nicely....

See you at easter

Jack (Andrew)

P.S. You are able to edit your own post but must be a registered user and it must be your post.

[This message has been edited by catsailor.net (edited 13 March 2003).]

Archived