Rudder Assembly

Michael Bradshaw

Part of the rudder housing on my 5.8 broke off whilst sailing. (Metal fatigue) Was able to fix so that I could still sail for the holidays. A replacement part from Bris Cat Centre is $208. We are going overseas soon and so the $ are a little tight at the moment.Does anyone know where I can get the part cheaper or is this the only place I can order the part? Also, noticed that the 5.8 Nats was sailed in fairly light winds. I think I had the wind in Port Phillip in Vic. Average of 20-25 knots most days! Very nice sailing!!!

Originally posted by Michael Bradshaw:

Part of the rudder housing on my 5.8 broke off whilst sailing. (Metal fatigue) Was able to fix so that I could still sail for the holidays. A replacement part from Bris Cat Centre is $208. We are going overseas soon and so the $ are a little tight at the moment.Does anyone know where I can get the part cheaper or is this the only place I can order the part? Also, noticed that the 5.8 Nats was sailed in fairly light winds. I think I had the wind in Port Phillip in Vic. Average of 20-25 knots most days! Very nice sailing!!!

when it comes to rudders don't even bother trying to bodg something up ,been there and the amount of load on 5.8 rudder assembly ,go the genuine cat center part.

Archived