Nacra 5.2 rigging

Sacco

I am not sure about the rigging in a couple of areas. Does anyone have any great pictures of rigging, particularly the rope which passes through the jib pulleys (sorry - landlubber extraordinaire) - I have it at the moment running up from one side of the mast, through the pulleys and then back down the other side. It seems to me I am missing something. When it takes the breeze this pulls the rope tight on the mast, sometimes getting caught at the base of the mast. Also, the traveller - I am not sure I have that right. Another question - I have the tiller with extension but when going about it seems very cumbersome having to flip it around because of the traveller. Beware - I will have lots to come back to you with - thanks for helping out.

Hi Guys

On my 5.2 I have a length of rope with a block on either end secured to the jib. I then have a sheet (rope) secured to the jib car in a continious loop to the other side of the boat, through the block on the other jib car, back to the jib and fixed beck on the jib car. and if youve worked that out.. i have a piece of shock cord attached to the outer edge of the front beam, through a saddle on the front of the mast at about the same height of the boom and down to the other end of the forward beam. This has resolved the problem with the jib sheets getting snagged during a tack.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

thanks very much - your reply jogged my memory on what the previous owner had been doing. All has gone well. thanks heaps.

Originally posted by nacrabat2701:

Hi Guys

On my 5.2 I have a length of rope with a block on either end secured to the jib. I then have a sheet (rope) secured to the jib car in a continious loop to the other side of the boat, through the block on the other jib car, back to the jib and fixed beck on the jib car. and if youve worked that out.. i have a piece of shock cord attached to the outer edge of the front beam, through a saddle on the front of the mast at about the same height of the boom and down to the other end of the forward beam. This has resolved the problem with the jib sheets getting snagged during a tack.

Good luck

Archived