Nacra SE Titles 22-23/1/05

NACRA SE QLD TITLES - NOTICE OF RACE

1 INVITATION

The Southport Yacht Club Hollywell Sailing Squadron as the organising authority for the 2005 Nacra South East Queensland Titles extends a warm invitation to all owners and skippers of eligible Nacra multihulls to enter and compete in the Titles. The Titles comprises up to eight races sailed on the Gold Coast Broadwater.

2 ORGANISING AUTHORITY

The Organising Authority for the 2005 Nacra South East Queensland Titles shall be Southport Yacht Club Inc. (SYC) located at Macarthur Parade, Main Beach, Gold Coast 4217 (Telephone 5591 3500 or fax 5532 7507). The Host Club will be the SYC Hollywell Sailing Squadron located at 1 Marina Crescent Hollywell Qld 4216. Phone 5537 7030 Fax 5537 7131 E-mail sycsail@bigpond.net.au. Enquiries may also be directed to David Jorgensen, SYC Off-The-Beach-Multihull Committee Representative on 0419 661 663.

3 RULES

The titles will be governed by the current rules (2005-2008) as defined in the International Sailing Federation Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the Special Regulations of Yachting Australia (YA), the relevant Class Rules, the Notice of Race (except as any of these are altered by the Sailing Instructions) and by the Sailing Instructions.

4 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY

The Titles are open to all classes of Nacra multihulls which comply with their respective class rules and to all owners/skippers who are current financial members of a Nacra Association and a YA affiliated sailing club.

Entries for the 2005 Nacra South East Queensland Titles shall be lodged on the entry attached to this Notice of Race with the Qld Nacra Secretary (David Jorgensen) PO Box 3500 Australia Fair Post Office Qld 4215 by Wednesday 19 January 2005 accompanied by the required fee.

5 FEES

The entry fee is $60 per boat which includes a T-shirt (2 for 2 person boat) & dinner on Saturday night. Please make cheques payable to the Qld Nacra Association.

6 DIVISIONS

Racing will be conducted in five divisions as follows:

Division 1 Nacra 14 squares

Division 2 Nacra 16 squares

Division 3 Nacra 5.0s

Division 4 Nacra 5.8s

Division 5 Nacra F18s

A minimum of five boats are required to constitute a division. Divisions may

be joined or sub-divisions made at the sole discretion of the race committee

according to the number of entries received.

7 NOTICES TO COMPETITORS

Notices to competitors will be posted on the Official Notice Board located outside the Sailing Office at the SYC Hollywell Sailing Squadron, 1 Marina Crescent Hollywell.

8 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Registration will be open at the SYC Hollywell Sailing Squadron Sailing Office

from 0800 hours on Saturday 22 January 2005.

A compulsory meeting for skippers will be held at the patio area of the SYC Hollywell Sailing Squadron at 1130 hours on Saturday 22 January 2005.

Races for the title will be up to four races back to back on Saturday 22 January 2005 with the time of the warning signal for the first division in the first race being made no sooner than 1200 hours, and up to four races back to back on Sunday 23 January 2005 with the time of the warning signal for the first division in the first race being made no sooner than 0930 hours.

A presentation will be held following the completion of races at the SYC Sailing Squadron on Sunday 23 January 2005.

9 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS

The sailing instructions will be available from the Hollywell Sailing Squadron Sailing Office at registration.

10 REGATTA SITE

The racing will be conducted from the Southport Yacht Club Hollywell Sailing Squadron located at 1 Marina Crescent, Hollywell.

11 RACING AREA

The racing area shall primarily be the Deep Hole area of the Gold Coast Broadwater, between Wave Break Island and Sovereign Islands. If the conditions are suitable racing may also be conducted outside the Seaway entrance adjacent to Main Beach.

12 COURSES

Courses for the Titles shall be Olympic Triangle, Windward/Leeward and passage course configurations as described in the Sailing Instructions.

13 ALTERNATIVE PENALTIES

The 720 degree penalty, Rule 44.2 of the RRS shall be changed to a 360

degree penalty for infringement of the Rules of Part 2 of the Racing Rules of

Sailing.

14 HANDICAPPING

Title results will be based on the current VYC Yardstick rating scale in accordance with Addendum E of the YA Special Regulations.

15 SCORING

The Low Point Scoring System, RRS Appendix A will apply, except that there are eight races scheduled of which five races must be completed to constitute a series. When fewer than six races have been completed a boat’s score will be the total of her race scores. When six or more races have been completed a boats score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.

16 PRIZES

Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each division. Other Prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Race Committee.

17 FACILITIES AT HOLLYWELL SAILING SQUADRON

The canteen at the Hollywell sailing squadron will be open all week-end, the

bar will be open Saturday night and camping is permitted on the grassed

rigging area at the clubhouse. Toilet and shower facilities are on site. Please

contact the Sailing Office at Hollywell if you intend camping on site at the sailing club on 5537 7030.

18 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY

Competitors participate in Southport Yacht Club events entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4 (Decision to Race). The organising authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the series.

19 INSURANCE

The Organising Authority requires each participating boat be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of AUD $10 million which includes coverage for racing in the Regatta.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Skipper/Owner of Boat

Name……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Address…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Telephone………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I am a member of…………………………………………………………………………...Yacht Club.

Crew

Name………………………………………………………………………………………..……………

Address…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Telephone………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Boat

Type…………………………………………..… Name……………………………………………..

Sail Number……………………………………. VYC yardstick……………………………………

Sail Colour…………………………….………. Hull colour……………….………………………

Payment Method: Cash….… Cheque….… Amex….… B/C……… M/C……… Visa………

Card No. ..…....…./..…….…../..…..…..../……....…. Expiry Date………………..

Name of Cardholder……………………….………… Signature……..…………….

DECLARATION: I declare that all the above details are correct and that the Boat is covered for the duration of the event by a valid Third Party and Public Liability Insurance Policy to the value of not less than $AU10 million. I agree to be bound by the ISAF Racing Rules for Sailing, the Prescriptions and Special Regulations of Yachting Australia, the relevant Class Rules, the Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions. I acknowledge that Southport Yacht Club Inc is not and will not be held responsible for the seaworthiness of a boat whose entry is accepted or the sufficiency or adequacy of its equipment. Furthermore I agree to indemnify Southport Yacht Club Inc from any responsibility in regard to myself, my crew and my vessel during this Series. I agree that this indemnity extends to all Officers, Sponsors and Agents of Southport Yacht Club Inc. I acknowledge and agree that The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone (as prescribed by RRS Fundamental Rule 4).

RELEASE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: I agree that Southport Yacht Club Inc. and it’s employees and volunteers may exchange information about me which includes the information I provide to administer my entry into the nominated event and to run their business. I agree that descriptions and names of my boat, myself and crew and our results may be used by the Southport Yacht Club Inc. to publicise and promote activities at Southport Yacht Club and may be released to the press and for public audience. I agree that all information may be disclosed to necessary stakeholders in emergent situations and when bound by law to do so. I agree that Southport Yacht Club Inc. may use the information that I provide to inform me of other events and club promotions. If I do not want this I can let them know.

I understand and agree to the above terms and ask that you accept my entry into the 2005 Nacra South East Queensland Championships.

Signature required………………………………... Date……………………………………..

Archived