crewing experience wanted

FireKat

Am new to the cat sailing scene and am looking for anyone who may require a crew person to go for a sail in the sunshine coast area. I am interested in getting into the racing side of things - seriously. I am female, 37, 60kgs, strong fit and healthy. Am not a wuss either! Ideally i would love to be trained up by someone who is already racing and has their own boat, who may be looking for a permanent crewy. I dont know if i am chasing rainbows....or if i am going to find someone who can help me with this - i am just putting it out there! Still, if there is anyone out there who just wants to go for a sail....and i can learn a few things, let me know! I have also posted this on the Hobie forum, as i would like to experience the difference between the Nacra and the H16.

Hi Firekat,

"A fit strong woman, thats not a wuss, and wants to go cat sailing?"

You know, that makes you the closest thing to the "perfect woman' in the eyes of just about ever bloke that visits this forum (lol).

I sail mainly out of Brisbane (Manly), and I'm sometimes looking for a crew so I can take my Nacra 5.2 out for a sail, when my partner in the boat is unable to go out.

I also have a Maricat 4.3 that I sail solo (when I can't find anyone to come out on the Nacra with me). If your keen, and prepared to travel to Brisbane for a day of sailing every now and then, I can probably help you out, and at least get you some boat time to gain some experience.

While I don't race (other than against my partner on occasions when we take both boats out), we generally go sailing for a full day, and always have a lot of fun.

If its any help, you'd be welcome to come along. You can pm me at casepart@bigpond.net.au or give me a call on 0438 641 543, and we can have a chat about going out for a sail some day.

Here's a vid taken on our last sailing day

Cheers

Barry

[This message has been edited by BarryK1200LT (edited 30 July 2007).]

LOL.....

Thanks Barry - i will be in touch via email soon! Appreciate the offer. Pretty cool video footage too. I watched one the other day called "cat sailing in surf" (or similar). I think they were the Nissan championship team - it was truly inspiring stuff. You may have seen it already?

thanks again!

Hi FireKat,

Yep seen that one a few times. Great video. testimony to how much fun you can have - particulalry when someone else is willing to pay to fix your cat :)

If you email me, please put something like "Going Sailing" in the subject line. Emails that come through to me from people I don't know, and theres nothing in the subject line, I generally delete thinking they are spam.

BTW: I will be away after tomorrow for the rest of the week, so if you send an email after that, won't be able to reply until after the weekend.

Cheers

Barry

Edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by BarryK1200LT (edited 30 July 2007).]

Archived