cat tuning

fantom

Gday Fantom,

There's plenty out there on tuning the hobie 16 which is probably your closest bet for thew calypso. Use your search enginr with tuning type words.

I got an excellent book from Mal at Sunstate hobie called Cat Sailing for the 90s, by Rick White. Excellent for racing and boat tuning tips, he raves on abit and says everything three times ie american book.

Good Luck.

Phil

What type of Calypso do you want tuning information on, 14,16 or 4.4?

For genuine accessories check out Calypso Sailcraft at Sandgate. Depending on your boat you can get anything from mast head floats to outboard brackets and rollers.

Ross and Leslie Clark have all the correct measurements from the original templates to get any parts that fit correctly on your boat.

I have a Calypso 16 ... Ross and Leslie are great .. I have dealt with them before and they sent me a couple of pages on how to tune the craft, but dummy me has lost them, and I didn't want to trouble them again as they were good enough to send them to me in the first place. I mainly want to tune the sail etc and what is the recomended mast rake. My old girl is in tip top condition and I would like to do it justice by tuning it right.

Archived