Accomodation for Race Week???

Leapin Leroy

Hi Guys,

I'd actually be happy to do that!? So long as there is a grassed area that i can set up the camper (gotta nail the pegs into something other than bitumen, don't think the local council would like that)...

Could some one send me a pic of the area?

Regards,

"All care No responsibility security services".

Leroy wink.gif

http://www.beachsideholidays.com.au/WebPool/1326/Documents/Soldiers%20new %20site%20map%20may%2007.pdf

Hi Leigh,

Here is a map of the caravan park and it shows you in the top left the car park / rigging area and the bottom left the yacht club.

I'll try and get some photos of the area and post them here in the next week.

[This message has been edited by GRACELAND1216 (edited 23 August 2007).]

Thanks again Guys,

I don't mind whether it's grass or sand, just not bitumen (for obvious pre-stated reasons) & prefer no dirt (don't want to clean mud out of camper trailer).

We're self sufficient in terms of power so that's not a problem... I assume we could shower at club?... and yes, i'm still keen to help with security issues. At this stage I will also be sailing...

YeeHaa & Regards,

Leroy wink.gif

Thanks Steve,

That's brilliant, surely there's gotta be a spot there that i can back the trailer into... I need about 6m X 6m to set everything up comfortably.

Looks like we've got on-site (sort of) Security now!!! I'm a big scary looking bloke but i can run fast,... won my last fight by a hundred yards & two fences... & i cry like a girl...

Can we, or do we need to, clear it with the local authorities??? I'd hate to get turfed out half way through a week of fun....

Regards,

"All-Care No Responsibility Security Services"

Leroy wink.gif

P.S. Just ordered my 4.5 so, barring major disasters, we'll be there with bells on...

[This message has been edited by Leapin Leroy (edited 27 August 2007).]

Originally posted by GRACELAND1216:

Hi Barry,

Race week starts on 29th December thru to 4th January. Full notice of race and entry forms can be found at.

http://www.nacrasuperseries.com/News.html

Thanks for the link Steve,

My family are going down to Port Stephens for Christmas and the New year to visit my wifes mother who lives at Shoal bay. So I'll bring my 5.2 down for a bit of fun.

I checked the Super series website, and it also mentions that I need to be a member of the Nacra Association to be able to compete? But the website has no info on how to join?

Can anyone point me in the right direction there?

(added later)

Also, while the 5.2 is normally a two person boat, I intend to sail it solo while I'm down there (cat rigged). With that in mind, do I enter as a one person boat?, or is the 5.2 considered a two person boat, even if there is only one person on board?

Cheers

Barry

[This message has been edited by BarryK1200LT (edited 29 August 2007).]

Barry,

It's entirely up to the organising committee, but logic would suggest that sailing whatever boat 1 up should be just that, fee's for 1 person.

I think that a lot of it has to do with the "Regattaphenalia" (Is that a word?)

(T-shirts, trophies, encouragement awards & the like), and catering... Give the organisers a hoy via the link.

Regards,

Leroy wink.gif

P.S.- Steve, any word on whether the "camping security" has been cleared with the local authorities?

Archived