mission beach - nq nacra titles

micky

Thank you to all who attended the NQ Nacra Titles on the weekend at Mission Beach. Again Nacra was the biggest class at the regatta. 5 x Infusion, 4 x 16sq,1 x 5.8.

Boats attended from Brisbane, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns and Port Douglas.

I believe Warren will reply in the next day or two with a quick report of the regatta and results.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the QLD State Titles next year in Townsville!

Was a great regatta,about 20 plus knots Saturday a bit lighter Sunday.

Around the island was cancelled due to strong winds.

The Nacra Infusions filled the top 3 places.

Mal Richardson was third on his new boat and showed great speed(owes a carton due to his capsize at bottom mark).

I finished second after some gear failure on Saturday.Thanks Adam and Jason for sailing with me.

Michael (yes younger brother)won the regatta.

Spots were tied going into last race and he finshed ahead of us with Andrew Holden winning last race.

So well done Mick ,he sailed well and deserved to win the regatta.(just trying to encourage him).

Mick has challenged all Nacra sailors F-18 to come and race him at the nationals.

He reckons he is unbeatable.

Nev ,Don?

Thanks to all the Nacras who attended the regatta.

Also thanks to the Mission beach sailing club for running a great event as usual.

Next year,s event is the same weekend(3rd weekend in October) so book your holiday,s again.

Was a great regatta,about 20 plus knots Saturday a bit lighter Sunday.

Around the island was cancelled due to strong winds.

The Nacra Infusions filled the top 3 places.

Mal Richardson was third on his new boat and showed great speed(owes a carton due to his capsize at bottom mark).

I finished second after some gear failure on Saturday.Thanks Adam and Jason for sailing with me.

Michael (yes younger brother)won the regatta.

Spots were tied going into last race and he finshed ahead of us with Andrew Holden winning last race.

So well done Mick ,he sailed well and deserved to win the regatta.(just trying to encourage him).

Mick has challenged all Nacra sailors F-18 to come and race him at the nationals.

He reckons he is unbeatable.

Nev ,Don?

Thanks to all the Nacras who attended the regatta.

Also thanks to the Mission beach sailing club for running a great event as usual.

Next year,s event is the same weekend(3rd weekend in October) so book your holiday,s again.

Archived