Nacra NSW State Titles, 8-9 March 2008

NacraPhelia628

I have just spoken to Nambucca River Sailing Club and they will be hosting the NSW Nacra State Titles at South West Rocks (Trial Bay) on Saturday and Sunday 8-9 March.

More information will be available as I get it (hopefully in the next fortnight) but in the meantime look at www.taipan.asn.au/dates&venues/NOR%20Trial%20Bay%20Mar%20071.doc for last years N.O.R.

good on ya dood, way to encourage people to make an efford to get to an event, maybe you sould apply to be the publisity officer for YA (NOT). the regatta starts at 2pm on the saturday as well so this makes it easier to get there and rig up the morning of. if you are able to come you will have a great time. all the nacra guys that travel a bit and do the nacra rounds have a realy good time when they get together.

in sailing martin horder.

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of a ring around today it looks like a record number of 5.8's turning up to sail the N.S.W Nacra States. I'm trying to bring the entire fleet of 7 5.8's from Speers Point (the largest active 5.8 fleet in Australia), 2 from Mannering Park, 5 from the Central West N.S.W, our current 5.8 National Champ from Kurnell, 1 from Port Kembla and Jorgo from Queensland is trying to get 4 - 5 boats as well to attend. That is about 20 5.8's, 4 more than the Nationals.

I have also been working on Glen (Nacra 14m2 #186 Digital Tour Guide) to get some of the other 14m2 from Kurnell to attend as he was a very lonely sailor at the Nationals.

Also hoping to see some F18's too.

Trial Bay Regatta is one of the best weekends on the sailing calender with beautiful beaches, crystal clear water and a top venue at the base of Trial Bay Jail. The Nacra Super Series Presentation will also be held on the Saturday night which involves a bit of drinking and some.

This Regatta shouldn't be missed.

GRACELAND.

Here is some photos from last years State Titles.

20070311_SY_0081.jpg

20070311_SY_0069.jpg

20070311_SY_0064.jpg

20070311_SY_0053.jpg

20070311_SY_0026.jpg

[This message has been edited by GRACELAND1216 (edited 24 January 2008).]

How bad is this I think our sail no is 1334 can see who doesn't sign on each week and we sail at Altona yacht club. Spoken to arcan he can't come just started a new job only know of one other active 5.8 hopefully will see him this week at an interclub race but wouldn't hold my breath.

I can't help with the NOR but it should be posted soon.

Here is the link for Trial bay camping area, only tents and caravans, no cabins.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/CampingContent/N0601?OpenDocument&ParkKey=N0601&Type=K

A map of the park.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/PDFs/TrialBayCampsite.pdf

A view from the camping site towards the beach.

20060311_SY_4712.jpg

Looking from the beach back towards the camping area.

20060311_SY_4685.jpg

NAMBUCCA RIVER SAILING CLUB INC.,

PROUDLY PRESENTS THE

DARREN LOWDER MEMORIAL REGATTA.

AT HISTORIC TRIAL BAY

SATURDAY 8th and SUNDAY 9th MARCH 2008

Be there to experience some great sailing in what has to be the greatest venue on the NSW North Coast. This regatta is a great family weekend away. Some races will be sailed back to back to maximize the breeze and your time on the water.

SATURDAY 8th

Briefing will be at Midday: Weather permitting 3 races will be sailed. Heats 1 & 2 will be sailed back to back not commencing before 1.00pm. There may be a beach break before heat 3 is sailed.

SUNDAY 9th

Briefing will be at 10.00am. Heat 4 will not commence before 10.30am. Heats 5 & 6 will be sailed back to back with heat 5 not commencing before Midday.

RACE FEES

Weekend: 2 Person Boat $50.00 ; 1 Person Boat $40.00 ;

Single Days: 1 & 2 Person Boats $30.00 day ;

Please bring your insurance details

with you as we need to sight these upon entry.

PRIZES

You will drop your worst result provided 4 or more heats are sailed. If 3 heats or less sailed, all heats to count. There will be at least 3 divisions with Prizes being awarded to winners and several places (Depends on boat numbers and classes).

CAMPING SITES AVAILABLE

Contact Arakoon State Recreation Area Trust. P.O. Box 25,

South West Rocks 2431. Phone (02) 6566 6168.

STEAK & SAUSAGE SANDWICHES PLUS DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE BOTH DAYS

ENQUIRIES :

JUSTIN FORRESTER (02) 65686 598 (BH) 65695 574 (Home)

In order to give us an idea of numbers we would appreciate it if you could let us know by email kimwatcc@yahoo.com

or you can just give the above phone numbers a call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived