Ballina Regatta

jheap

Hope you Nacra 4.5's can make it to Ballina this weekend. 16th and 17th February.

Long race up the river and back - briefing at 12.30pm. Dinner in the club for $12.00 per adult. 2 races on Sunday. Caravan park across the road and motels about and some members have spare beds if needed.

Hope to see you there- everyone welcome. We need some more competition for the Nacra 5.8's as well... .. We have to show those NS14 sailors that we can rustle up a crowd too..

Should be a quick race judging by the forecast.

Far North Coastal Waters, Point Danger to Wooli and 60nm seawards:

Strong wind warning.

Thursday until midnight: Wind: S/SE 20/30 knots easing to 20/25 knots south of Cape Byron during the morning. Sea: 2 to 3 metres Swell: SE 1.5 to 2 metres.

Friday: Wind: S/SE 18/23 knots Sea: 1.5 to 2 metres. Swell: S 1.5 to 2.5 metres.

Saturday Outlook: Wind: SE 15/25 knots.

Sunday Outlook: Wind: SE 10/20 knots.

Thanks to all the crew at Ballina for the warm hostpitality and fierce competition. You guys through everything at me including strong winds, tidal flow, sand banks and cable ferries. But in the end I was beaten by some talented Nacra 4.5 sailors. Maybe next team I can challenge you on home turf (moreton bay or southport).

Are you guys attending the NSW state titles in March? I'll be there on Barry's F18.

Brad

Archived