Capricorn wins in the Tropics

The Capricorn Camp has recorded a major win in the Queensland F18 Championships held on the weekend. It is fitting that a boat of this name should win its first F18 title at Yeppoon, situated right on the tropic of Capricorn. Brad Collett and Luke Macdonald sailing Donk defeated a class field to take the Queensland Title by a narrow margin. In a series in which the wind speed never reached double figures, Donk sailed consistently to finish in the first three placings in each of the four scheduled races. Nacra F18 sailed by Warren Guinea and Adrian Fawcett pushed the Donk team right down to the wire to finish second. Newcomer to the class, former Hobie 16 sailor Shane Peterson, sailing with fellow Hobie 16 sailor Jerome Binder on Hobie Tiger, Bonkers rounded out the top three to give each F18 design in attendance a podium finish. Last years winner Neville Thompson and Shamus Stevens sailing Fang, struggled after an OCS in race three and couldn’t match the light air speed of the top three.

Heeyyy..........Mick? In a protest hearing? Are you sure - he is the most genteel gentleman on the course. I just can't believe what I'm reading!!!! I'm assuming he just became entangled through no fault of his own.

Cheers

Greg Whalley

Well its like this:

Crafty old Master with alzheimers, remembers enough about the rules to know that when someone pushes him into a mark when its not his fault he doesn't have to do a penalty as long as he clears his name in the protest room. Young Grasshopper with strong opinion but weak grasp of rule 64.1B learns lesson.

Archived