How soon we forget!!

mal gray

have a look at this

HooD

Old Salt posted 12 May 2002 07:01 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inbetween club events I like to sharpen my sailing skills with sailing sims.

I have found virtual skipper and sailing simulator 4 to be very good

http://www.sailsimulator.com/

http://www.virtualskipper.com/

sail simulator is available formt he local harvey norman, but its better to buy it online, as you have to pay for an upgrade so you can use the Tornado.

IP: Logged

berthos

Old Salt posted 12 May 2002 10:50 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my god!!

The crew stays on by holding onto trap wire in his hand! and the skipper looks like he's gonna get his weener pulled off if he's not careful!!

HooD

Old Salt posted 12 May 2002 11:28 PM

Glad you mentioned that weener thing!, apparently its the new european, ultra light, full adjustable harness, made by ocean weener sport. best part is, the price is right, although not recommended for choppy conditions!

LOL

coolj

Old Salt posted 13 May 2002 09:30 AM

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA......sharpen skills.....

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!

umm......where do I get it !!!!!!

HooD

Old Salt posted 13 May 2002 10:33 AM

I found the Virtual skipper to be a lot better, even though you cant sail a cat

I bought VS online from the uk, took about a week to get here, not bad I thought.

In virtual skipper all the rules apply in real time, so if you hit some one, either you or they are doing a 360.

the racing is usually pretty close, and it can go right down to the wire.

I have found it does help, and its great for teaching new crews how to sail before they get onto the boat

The best simulator I have seen was a laser shell hooked up to a computer, and as you lean or turn the tiller the screen moves with it. but at about $20,000 i would rather have a cat

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic

Hop to: Select a ForumList of Forums:Australian Catamaran ForumFormula 18 (F18) Catamaran Forum2004 Great barrier reef classic marathonPost Your regatta HereMaricat Users ForumNacra Users ForumTaipan Users ForumFormula 16HP Catamaran ForumRigging tips and tricksCoffee ShopBoats for Sale

Contact Us | Catsailor.net - Home of Australian Cat sailing