Mission Beach Regatta

Don't forget the Mission Beach regatta is 18 - 20 October .

This event is getting a lot of interest with at least 5 F18 and being part of the Nacra NQ Championships it would be good to see some boats for Townsville Mackay and further south support this event

We already have over 5 boats coming from Brisbane.

• 11 months later...

Andrew, missed that one by a half year or so, I assume your from NQ? do you have dates for the Mission Beach Regatta for this year. Also do you know of any other good regattas in NQ, I'll travel from Mackay to any worthwhile regatta around Qld if I can arrange time off early enough.

Cheers Phil Palmer

Gday Andrew,

I'm just getting back into the racing scene after a bit of a break and will be sailing a hobie 16 (as I did 15 years ago). A friend of mine here took up an Alpha Omega 5.0 last year and reackons he had a ball, he's recently got a H16 too so I'll be trying to drag him along as well.

I've been crewing on a nacra 5.8 for a few races this year and having a hoot I'm not certain if the 5.8 will be coming up. There's also 2 Taipan 5.7s at Mackay, I'll let them know there's some F18s to race with if they come up.

Are there any local 16s up there likely to sail at the regatta?

I'll be pushing it to get there for the 17th (unless Dunk does Bourbon as well as rumbos?) incentive is everything!. Though the 18th/19th should be Ok.

Hope to see you there

Phil

Phil,

We now have 4 H16's that are sailing up here on a regular basis. I am sure we can convince them to come down to Mission for the weekend.

I remember the Omega from last year. Once you come once you will always make it back. The race around the Island has never been the same in the 8 years that I have been doing it.

See you there.

The Mission Beach Regatta will no doubt be the brilliant weekend it usually is.

On the Taipan front we will hopefully have the 5 North Queensland Taipan 4.9s plus at least David 'Slimy' Elliot who is coming up from Brisbane.

There is a sailor in Townsville that is looking for a 4.9 to buy at the moment. If he manages to get one by October we will have a fleet of at least 7 4.9's on the water.

Don Dull is coming up with Slimy so if the two Mackay boats turn up we will have three 5.7's on the water battling the F18's for line honours in the Round Dunk Island Race.

It would be great to see some Hobie Tigers racing around the Island as well...how about it Mal !!??

If any one has any questions about the regatta please feel free to contact me:

Robert_F_Wilson@bigpond.com

I remember that Alpha Omega as well he was flying round the course super sloop!!

A stack of Hobie 16's and the usual assortment of Nacra's and we'll have a top cat fleet as well as the miriad of dinghies that sail.

Rob

Treasurer, Mission Beach Sailing Club

Taipan 4.9 AUS175

[This message has been edited by berthos (edited 15 June 2003).]

Guest aus177

Unfortunely I will probably miss Misson Beach this year.

Wife has started new job, no holidays for her, and it clashes with an important birthday.

Rugby world cup committments, worked both the opening games at Suncorp including State of Origin on overtime rates of cause.

Am planning to go to Forster without a boat, I hear the beer is cold and the rum is plentyful.

Of cause if an F18 out there needs and experienced kite skipper I could be your man, am losing weight as we speak. Fat Blaster Max, cycling and other exercise.

90kgs of raw muscle by then.

See some of you at Mooloolabah in a couple of weeks.

don dull

Guest aus177

Actually if I recall it was desperado, a 4.9 sloop that bucked us off that day.

On weight loss, I find if I throw up after every drink and every meal (just like a famous princess once did) I will reach my fighting weight in no time.

don

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roddy

Have just restored sailnumber 959 Cockatoo Nacra 5.8 and I'll be there for Dunk with crew. Only rank beginner but game as hell. I make real good whiskey too . Hope to see you all.

Chris

Look out Mission Beach! Now i am a NQ local i am ready to reek a bit more havack than usual at this years mission beach regatta.

for all those other cat sailors in NQ i will be taking delivery of a new Nacra 16sq in the next couple of weeks. Any one looking to go for a sail during the winter up here (T.ville) let me know

mick81nacra@aol.com

Phil,

Trust me they have bourbon at dunk

Guest Roddy

Originally posted by berthos:

That's excellent Chris I look forward to seeing you on the water.

Where are you coming from?

Rob

Taipan 4.9 AUS175

Townsville mate - Some of the guys here are tring to organise a run up to Cardwell from here within the next few weeks - should be fun.

Chris

Guest Roddy
Originally posted by berthos:

Chris,

When you say a run up to Cardwell do you mean a sail from Townsville to Cardwell or a drive to Cardwell then a sail?

Either way I'd be keen to join you.

Rob

Yes Sail from Townsville up to Cardwell - I believe it takes alittle longer then 5 hours so I am told in fair winds and then drive back - will take some planning though. I hope to see they guys next weekend for some followup.

Chris

Archived