October 14ft regatta

berny

It looks as though the Mannering Park 14ft regatta is on again over the October long w/e. Would have been good to see it moved to another date to allow maybe some of the bigger boat sailors to grab a 14 and come along, but the sailing club have their reasons and I understand that.

I've been talking with Darryl Barrett and he's talking about bringing his AO F14's up for the racing. This should be a great event. There could be four boats competing, three AO and my 430.

The first 'official' F14 race in the world.

If anyone else wants to be a part of this unique event now's the time to start planning. I'm sure there would be a retro class if enough existing boats turned up with spinnakers or maybe there's time to put a boat together. Darryl would be happy to build one I bet.

I'm happy to give whatever help I can to anyone else who might be interested in going F14. I have some 'development' bits including a mast complete with spreaders, stays and trap, a sail, some rudders, a back beam, booms, etc. all available at reasonable prices if anyone is interested.

See you all up there smile.gif

[This message has been edited by berny (edited 29 May 2006).]

Archived