looking for tramp &jib

excel1

Im looking for a decent condition trampoline and also a jib sail/rig for the maricat 4.3 Obviously like to buy a new tramp but cant spend $400 at the moment i think I will fall through mine in about 3 months time. Also does anyone know the purpose of the drain tubes that fill up the top section of the hull from the front beam are for ? Can they be disconnected from the hull to drain under the craft?

do not discard the tubes!!!!!

they are there to allow the hulls to breath.

Because the hulls are sealed when hatches are on you have to allow the air within to escape when the hullsides flex compressing the air within etc when riding over waves and when the hullsheat up in the sun and are then put in cold water etc.

The tubes are run into the front beam so that when you capsize the ends are clear of the surface (unless turtle).

cheers dave

Originally posted by skyman:

do not discard the tubes!!!!!

they are there to allow the hulls to breath.

Because the hulls are sealed when hatches are on you have to allow the air within to escape when the hullsides flex compressing the air within etc when riding over waves and when the hullsheat up in the sun and are then put in cold water etc.

The tubes are run into the front beam so that when you capsize the ends are clear of the surface (unless turtle).

cheers dave

OK thanks for the advice. Usually find (some) water inside even though not capsized maybe need new hatch cover/seals

Archived