L plater looking for help.

Sea Monkey

Hi all,

I have bee reading your forum for over a year now while I have been fixing up a Mari I bought some years ago. The moment that my yacht was 'finished', I shot off down to Jervis Bay for a week. I had the best time ever, though came to the realisation that I can't sail. Bugger . . . looked simple enough! Anyway, I obviously need to join a club and get some help and hopefully get into some friendly competition.

Wagga Wagga is my closest club but the lake is constantly 'out of order' so I was thinking Albury is the next closest (Ilive in Ganmain). If there is anyone out there from Albury, do I just turn up with boat in tow? If so what days do you sail and do you do training for noobies?? Cheers and hello to you all. Mick

Welcome Sea Monkey to the Maricat world. I am a member of Wagga Wagga Boat Club and unfortunately the season at Lake Albert tends to be short.

Lake Hume is also low but there is still plenty of water. They don't tend to have many racing cats but would welcome another sailor. I can pass on the name and email address of the commodore if you require.

It is usually essential that to join a race that you join YA and have appropriate insurance.

WWBC has a very enthusiastic membership with a number of current or former state and national champions on Paper Tigers and Maricats. We can usually get some siling between October and December. We tend to do quite a bit of travelling to the central and south coast or Canberra.

I am probably your closest Maricat and would welcome a chat about the many fine points of a Maricat, and maybe pass on a few helpful tips.

Regards

rodney.anderson@visy.com.au

Archived