rudder pintles

berny

I've organised some new foils for the 430 and I'm going to replace the rudder pintles. I have one each Riley RM620XL [8mmx55mm] and RM620S [8mmx32mm]. They are good strong units but I don't think they make them any more. I'd like to use these if I can find some mates for them. Either that or some sort of equivalent.

Can anyone Help?

[This message has been edited by berny (edited 18 March 2007).]

My mistake, it is a 'C' RM62C. Mate I can't find any info on Riley stuff on the net at all. I thought Ronstan owned Riley now but they don't have anything in their cat. Even Performance doesn't come up on a Google.

I can make a 62CS out of a 62CXL. Too good, thanks.

Hi Berny

Riley isn't big on the whole internet thing, they do have a site, but its pretty crap. Riley brought Performance(unfortunately). You can still buy some performance fittings which are in the Riley catalogue, but they don't have the Performance price tag.

But in saying that if you want a catalogue, they'll send one out no worries.

Regards

Matt

I emailed Riley and they tell me they only make an RM62CL. They tell me the pin length is only 22mm???? The RM62CS I have ['S' for short I thought] has a pin that long??? Very confusing.

22mm is ok for the bottom pintle but I need 38mm for the top one.

Hi Berny

Ronstans minimum pin dia is 7.9mm, but there is no pin length in my info.

You've probably already thought of this but, I don't suppose you can drill out to 8mm?

Other than that you could make your own with a 6mm pin. It would fairly straight forward, I just use stainless steel rods in my arc welder.

Regards

Matt

Archived