Tarps

Alex

Does anyone know if those cheap blue/ silver tarps actually block UV? Or will my nice new tramp end up disintegrating. (Yeah, I know.... get one of those fancy custom boat covers $$$$) Maybe I'll just clean out the garage a bit.

BTW PT3061 launch next weekend (maybe!)

I used a PT for years.. grteat boat. The silver covers last longer but the blue do a job. At $5 they are easy to replace.

I got shock cord and tied a knot in one end. Pull it through the grommet. Lock one of those plastic hooks at the right lenght and pull over the edge with aft ones back to outside stern edge. Eight of those makes cover on/cover off about 20 seconds.

Originally posted by Alex:

Does anyone know if those cheap blue/ silver tarps actually block UV? Or will my nice new tramp end up disintegrating. (Yeah, I know.... get one of those fancy custom boat covers $$$$) Maybe I'll just clean out the garage a bit.

BTW PT3061 launch next weekend (maybe!)

Thanks for the help guys.

Dave, re Sunday launch, looks like the rain may stop me. A better person would spend the afternoon drilling rivet holes in the rain, anyhow, probably midweek. (No way am I bringing it to the club for the launch.... damn thing might sink for all I know!)

Archived