Sauna Sail Under way

wildtoy

The 2007 sauna sail is under way and the results are in for the first 4 races with the mossie F16's proving to be a real competative boat in both div. 1 and 2.

follow the link to the result pages:

http://www.lvyc.org.au/results/2007/events/saunasail/series.htm

Just goes to show that the mossie is still very competative no matter what people think.

Cheers

william

nswmossie.com 1635

Mossie's doing well at the sauna sail with the overall results showing how strong they really are against such boats like tornados, f18s, Taipans,cobra's etc etc.

Div 1 (24 starters)

1st Immunity, Mosquito, Gary Maskiel

2nd Karma Cat, Mosquito, Tim Shepperd

7th Splashes Too, Mosquito, Philip Warren-Smith

8th Fat Bomber, Mosquito, Bill Pepping

14th Air Apparent, Mosquito, Gordon Hyde

Div 2 (16 starters)

1st The Tiger, Mosquito, Matt Stone

3rd Out of the Blue, Mosquito, Peter Foulsum

4th Veloce, Mosquito, Andrew Neeson

8th Hexam III, Mosquito, Andrew Copland

15th Another Toy, Mosquito, Trevor Armstrong

Well done to everyone who competed esp.the mossie sailors.

william

nswmossie.com 1635

I heard that it blew up to around the 15-18knts.

I think the mossies yardstick with kite is around the 79 mark not to sure.

But for an old one designed boat it seems like they might be a bit competative.

cheers

William

nswmossie.com 1635

The guys that race the mozzies with and without spi,s are Very dilligent at sending the results thru to the VYC.

What handicap is the Nacra 14sq with spi?

Just wondering because these boats handicaps are very close together when cat rigged.

[This message has been edited by becjm (edited 17 June 2007).]

As what myself and another person from another class were talking about a few months back, the mossie assoc. makes sure they put their results into the vyc whileevery other class is slack in doing so. If the vyc dont get results from these other classes how are they meant to change yardstick to suit. Its other classes fault if their yardstick is to high or to low. Ive noticed since joining the mossie scene that their yardstick is always coming down with the sp class.

I though the AO F14 had a yardstick of 77?

William

nswmossie.com 1635

the VYC can only work with the info they receive.

William is correect in what he says about the Mosquito association, they send their results in regularly, and the Y/stick is adjusted as required.

If ,as it appears, other classes neglect to inform the VYC of results, then the Y/stick is not really a true guide,that is why many clubs use different Y/sticks.

We used to do "back caculated yardsticks" for newer classes in some regattas, but you can't please everybody, and many arguments took place.

Berny is right about the F14,and also F16 being on 71, the F18 is on 70, and it is considered one of the faster cats.

This discussion will go on, and on, and on for a long, long time.

pete smile.gif

Originally posted by Darryl J Barrett:

The Yachting Victoria yardstick for the F14 is 77 not 71, and every result that has been available from every event that the Alpha F14's have competed in over the last three years has been forwarded to Yachting Victoria religiously.

Sorry, my mistake. confused.gif

Bern

Archived