2 Up Maricat 4.3

Mako

I am interested in racing a Maricat 4.3 but want to race with my son. Does anyone still race these boats 2 up? we would weigh approx 115Kg and am looking for a club that has a good fleet with at least a couple of boats racing 2 up. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Where are you located ?

There are still Sloops sailing and racing. I have raced with my son for about 5 years. He is now starting to go solo but we still sail together at various times. Together we are about 120kg. We live out in the bush in NSW and turn up at various regatta. The top sloop crew are the Zahras out of Port Kembla. The Zahra often have two sloop boats on the water. Concord Ryde also has the occasional sloop boat as does Mannering Park.

Sailing sloop with your kids is a great way to sail. Darren Bundock starting sailing with his dad on a Maricat as an 8 year old.

Zac and I have had some great times together at regattas, often beating the cats and supersloops which are suppose to be faster !! I'd rather sail sloop than supersloop or cat. The boat is ideally suited to this configuration. If there are no other sloops at your local club, just go out and sail anyway. Happy to assist in any way to get another sloop out on the races course.

Archived