Christmas Cruising at Port Stephens

Pointed Reply

Pointed Reply is cruising the waters of Port Stephens, along with a mixed collection of other cats.

A couple of NACRAs are warming up for the Nationals, a Hobie 16 was out and about, a Hobie Wave and a Bravo. The bay turned on a big North Easterly yesterday and a NACRA 36 was blasting about. (Does that count as an OTB cat ?).

Hey Rodney why don't you give Mick a call, find out where he is, then sail over to Lemo marina for a pizza for lunch and a sail around the island with Mick, he'll relish the chance to go for a sail. Micks No. is 0419999785. How long are you going to be up at Port Stephens for, I'm keen to go for a sail as well.

Phil

I went for a sail out at Trial Bay yesterday, beautiful clear water sandy bottom slight swell just to make it interesting, I had 2 hobie 16s as company as well as a pod of dolphins to complete the scene, the only downside is the drag across the sand with my useless for sand beach wheels (but made for dragging across the sandflats at Tanilba). There could have been a bit more wind but I suppose that you can't have everything.

Phil

Archived