Maricat 4.3 wanted

Lilliput

Hi,

Great forum and good to see that Maricats are still around. I was a member of the Maricat Assoc in about 1980, when the boats were made at J & S at Haberfield. I haven't had a catamaran/sailing boat since around that time and now that my kids (1 x 12 old and 3 x 10 old) are showing an interest in sailing we're going to get a Maricat. The kids are all good surfers and after 12 months of surfing at least once a weekend they are realising that a sport that doesn't depepnd so much on good weather would be a good idea.

I'm looking for a cat, maybe sloop rigged, on a registered trailer and I live south of Port Macquarie.

I'm expecting to buy an older boat but am not going to buy a wreck that needs lots of money spent on it. I've checked out the classifieds and the choice is a bit limited at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions or boats for sale?

Thanks

Brad

It's Brad Kaul from the 80's. More involved with the club at the time was my father Ron Kaul.

I have had a look at the cat at Port Macquarie and it's not a mkII, it's a mkI.

That kinda puts me off because the boat's not really what it was advertised as. It also needs a gooseneck (broken) and the boom has corroded around the stainless fittings, pretty obviously wasn't washed when stored after the last sail. For the starting price it'd be okay but then it'd cost more for the beach rollers.

Brad

Archived