Yet another Newbie

Bundymonkey

Hi all after some advice.

I am looking to get into the cat scene after not having a sail boat (mono) in the family for a while. I will be sailing mainly with my dad or wife depending on who is available so passenger weight will be over 160kgs all the time. I have searched and read a number of threads and so far i can gather that load will be too heavy for the hobie 14. I also do not want to buy a boat only for it to last us a year or 2 and we grow out of it. So i feel that the hobie 16 would be the choice of boat but just want some confirmation however i have read that these are hard to sail.

I am on the Sunshine Coast (Caloundra) and looking to spend around the $2k mark.

Thanks in advance

The Hobie 16 is easier to sail than some of the post infer, proof there were 75 Hobie 16 at their nationals in Mooloolobar, some with all girl crews some with all teenaage crews some with crews all over 65 years of age. Call Mal Grey at Sub State Hobie http://www.sunstatehobie.com.au/?page_id=35 and he will put you in contact with Hobie sailors on the Sunshine Coast

Archived