APT – Australian Paper Tiger Newsletter – Issue 9

Dave

APT – Australian Paper Tiger Newsletter – Issue 9

G’day all Paper Tiger sailors,

I am very pleased to announce that the ninth edition of the newsletter of the Australian Paper Tiger Catamaran Association is now available at the APTCA website. You can download it from here:

http://aptca.papertigercatamaran.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=53

Note that there is a low-res version (3.63MB) and a high-res version (8.97MB). If you have reasonable internet speed, I recommend downloading the high-res version, as the photos are of a better quality. If you have any trouble downloading it, please let me know and I will e-mail the file to you. This edition is jam-packed with articles, info and photos, hence the larger than usual file size. And there are plenty of items of interest for our New Zealand and other International friends.

Highlights of this edition include:

• 2012 Internationals report and results. There are reports from several different perspectives on this event.

• A focus on some of the younger PT sailors.

• Interviews: Dave Shaw (NZL) – New International Champion, Patrick Amos (Tas), Alex Craig – Victorian State Champion

• Mainsheets explained.

• DIY Chainplates.

• DIY Plywood Splicing.

• DIY Sail Numbers.

• APTCA President’s Report.

• Tasmanian, South Australian and Victorian State Championships reports and results.

• State reports.

• 2013 Nationals Information.

• Boats for sale section.

• And some fantastic photos by Rachel Leatham (NZL)

Thanks to all those who have contributed to this edition. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Contributions and suggestions for articles for future editions of APT are always welcome.

NOTE: If you are a Paper Tiger sailor and you did NOT receive an e-mail notifying you about this newsletter, please contact me with your e-mail address and I will include you on the list for future editions.

Regards,

David Stumbles

Publicity Officer

Australian Paper Tiger Catamaran Association

M: +61 (0)400 476 449

E: ptcia@papertigercatamaran.org

Archived