buying a 5.8

cat racer

Hi guys new to all this Forum stuff i live in Toowoomba and am thinking of getting a 5.8 i have sailed hobie 16"s but do not know any thing about nacras just love the looks of a 5.8 not to mention the power i belive would like to know of any sailing been done in this area so as i can go out and have a chat to a few of the guy to get a undestanding of the 5.8 before i buy knowledge is power LOL

many thanks

Hi,

There are two late model 5.8's at the Darling Downs Sailing Club at cooby dam (10k north Toowoomba). They sail every second week end. I am sure Jason or Drew will tell you everything you want to know about the class. The 5.8's are the largest fleet out there at the moment in the 18 foot+ boats. The one design concept ensures that the boats hold their value and even the older boats are extremely competitive if sailed well. for more info on the nacras a good starting point is the Qld Nacra website nacraqld.com.au if you are looking for a boat there are a couple of older ones out there for sale at the moment (see the for sale section of this forum) also I saw one on the side of the road at Gin Gin last week. Seemed like a good entry level boat think the sail number was 1487 (no fear) and it was upgraded with the larger jib and bridal foil. The asking price was $2650 ono phone number on the boat was 0407044453

Archived