Maricat racing

Adrian mentioned at the CRSC yesterday that the next state and Nationals have been arranged. I think he suggested the first regatta is at PBSC in a few weeks???

Does anybody know anything about these planned regattas? There is nothing on the Assoc web site.

http://www.catsailor.net/index.php?/topic/6159-maricat-states-at-beware-the-bullets-regatta-palm-beach/

I posted this back on the 7-9-14.  I'll repost it here as well as on the Maricat facebook site.

Cheers

Phil

I've got to get a list of all email addresses known of members of the assoc so as I can send out the agenda for the AGM.  I have a feeling Donna or Scott has a list but I'm not sure how current it is.  If I cant or dont email you, I will also post the agenda here as well as the facebook site.

The AGM will be held on the Sunday Morning of the Maricat States at Palm Beach Sailing Club Beware the Bullets Regatta 22nd and 23rd of November 2014 (therefore the AGM is on the 23rd which is the Sunday).

The nationals are at Palm Beach,  somewhere on this site it has the dates.

I think the next regatta is next week (11/12 Oct) at Mannering Park.

Thankyou Jimbo but you are a little bit off the mark with this one.

The States are at Palm Beach Beware the Bullets Regatta November 2014 22nd and 23rd , the "Nationals" which have only been pencilled in are probably going to be Carcoar or a dam out near there depending on water levels and will be most likely in February next year (we dont have dates from the clubs there yet).  I'll repeat it just in case anyone missed it.

The States are at Palm Beach Beware the Bullets Regatta November 22nd and 23rd of this year 2014.

Thanks Guys

Phil

Adrian has also asked on FB about the Maricat website.  This is my reply which I posted on FB and am now pasting in here.

One of the problems is none of us is a computer programmer, well the major problem really, (bear in mind also the website has been financed by Mick personally himself as the assoc does not have the funds to pay for it). Couple this with the fact that we all have to work. So yes we are getting it slowly together, and as you will have noted the website pages are still a little bit out of alignment, and yes that has to be fixed also, and we have to finish filling in all the stuff off the old webpage. I also try to make sure I duplicate everything to Catsailor re events and titles, as well as putting it up on FB. OK so to make sure everyone gets notified of events etc, can we make sure we have all paid our Maricat assoc fees, can you make sure the Maricat assoc has your current email address. And lastly make sure we get as many people on boats sailing at the titles, as that is when the dues/fees are mainly paid and with the states that is when we hold the AGM.

So yes we are working on it.

Thankyou

Phil

Just a suggestion re websites.  If you stick to plain stuff, simple graphics, nothing fancy then your website becomes a reference point.  Information, rules etc etc.

Leave the commentary to here and facebook, pictures to free sites etc.

I built the Careel.com website many years ago.  Used this principal and it worked well.  The guy who set it all up (using a US provider) added the forum to it and the combination works really well.  I just did the static stuff.

With pictures, such as the ones in the static site what I did was to reduce them in size so they come up really fast, then you can click the picture and get a full sized one loaded up.  If you put big pics on the pages then the page will take longer to load.

The http://www.maricat.com.au/       does look pretty good, well done.

Archived