State Titles 2014

korwich

We have arranged to have the Maricat State titles at Palm Beach Sailing Club, they will be held in conjunction with the Beware the Bullets Regatta 22nd 23rd of November.  All classes will be catered for Cat, Sloop, Super Sloop, and M5.  There will be trophies awarded for Scratch, Handicap and Classic 

Limited accommodation may be available at the club (sleeping bag on a mattress on the floor etc), and the club members may be able to arrange a couple of billets.  I'm told there is also "discreet" sleeping in cars possible in the "overflow" car park.  There is Coffee shops nearby along with takeaway food shops and an RSL Club and restaurants in very close proximity to the club house and Avalon and North Avalon shopping centers and food places are about 6 minutes away.  I can also arrange some camping at my brothers place, (so long as you have a car that is good at climbing steep slopes). 

I'll attempt to get a NOR out soon.

Phil

Current President ACT/NSW Maricat Assoc.

I've got to get a list of all email addresses known of members of the assoc so as I can send out the agenda for the AGM.  I have a feeling Donna or Scott has a list but I'm not sure how current it is.  If I cant or dont email you, I will also post the agenda here as well as the facebook site.

The AGM will be held on the Sunday Morning of the Maricat States at Palm Beach Sailing Club Beware the Bullets Regatta 22nd and 23rd of November 2014 (therefore the AGM is on the 23rd which is the Sunday).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on Palm beaches NOR so as I can align it with ours, the rego is already to roll and our NOR is complete except for the race schedule which is in PBSC's realm.  As soon as I've got something I'll post it up.

If people are looking for somewhere to lay their head on Friday or Saturday night and are interested in being billeted by a PBSC member let me know.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

OK I've had a couple of guys ring me and ask where Palm Beach Sailing club is located, the street address is Iluka (as in "eye luker") Road Sand Point Palm Beach.  Once you get onto Barrenjoey Road follow it through Newport and Avalon, you will get down to beside Careel Bay, then Barrenjoey road goes up a hill and winds around the sides of the hills for a K or 2, then it has a short straight coming down to a bus stop and some shops.  If you get to the RSL club you have missed the 1st turn however Iluka Road comes back onto Barrenjoey after the RSL so you can turn in there.  Lets see if this google pasting works.

https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d830.7772029000698!2d151.3180407!3d-33.6024811!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x6b0d52b1aeb762d7%3A0xe688ad4555b99099!2sIluka+Rd%2C+Palm+Beach+NSW+2108!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sau!4v1416181136948" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

Archived