Maricat 4.3 V.G. Condition. Tas. SOLD!!

SOLD!!!

Maricat 4.3 metre, off the beach, racing , fun sailing catamaran.

Complete with Registered trailer, in excellent condition.

Also has brand new (only used a few times), Cat Hauler, catamaran rollers which cost $650.

Has a lot of new gear fitted to it, including, racing design downhaul and outhaul systems. New mainsheet. New rudder steering set up, which has taken all slop out of the the rudders, making the rudders, having very positive and effective steering.

The trampoline, has been strenghthened, and is in great condition.

The hulls have also been strengthened, so the boat can be pushed to the limits and not break up. This is done by reinforcing the side stay chainplate fastening points, and fittings stronger chainplates.

There is also a boat cover, that had been custom made from heavy duty taughtliner truck tarp material, with re-inforced binding around all of the edges. (this cost over $600 for just the materials to make).

The boat comes with the orange and yellow striped main sail and matching jib, with roller furler for jib, at the asking price. The sails are in great condition, and hold a good shape. Please note, I have only sailed the boat as a cat rigged (main sail only) hence why photos do not show it as sloop rigged. I have all of the deck hardware and jib sheets, and jib halyard to fit, and sail as sloop rigged.

For an extra $1100, I am prepared to sell my racing sails. These are Lilac and White in colour. They are made by Redhead sails, and are radial cut. They are made of ripstop dacron sailcloth. These sails have had only a small amount of use. They are in excellent shape and condition. With these sails fitted to the boat, it makes maricats, extremely fast. The mast is raked back further with these sails fitted, and it makes the boat fast upwind and very fast on a reach. I am also prepared to sell these sails off separately to anyone that would like to purchase these.

I have a genuine reason for selling the catamaran. As I had a knee injury back in January. After having a knee operation in April, and then physio since the operation, I have found that I am unable to hike out (with straightened legs) on the catamaran with my knee not allowing me to do so. I therefore need to sell my boat, and to revert back to sailing and racing a dinghy (hiking out with slightly bent legs).

I am willing to consider a direct swap on a dinghy of equivalent market value. It must be fibreglass, no plywood or timber boats. They must have a trailer and a launching trolley. Tell me what you have. Interests, in 420, 470, ns14, tasar.

I am prepared to negotiate on price.

The boat is available for viewing at Yorktown, just 8kms north of Beaconsfield, in the West Tamar Valley. (50kms north of Launceston). 74kms East of Devonport.

PHONE 0490 026 843

Thanks for looking, cheers David.

Archived