Nacra 4.5 or 5.0

DeckChair

• 1 month later...

Hi DeckChair, sorry for the late reply, did not see your post. having owned and raced both the 5.0 and 4.5.  I can attest that the 4.5 1up is a much better and faster boat than a cat rigged 5.0.  The 4.5 is a very quick single handed nacra and having the furling jib  is a real plus for handling and tacking and often in heavy wind while racing upwind  you can furl the jib and not lose any speed.  My son currently races  a  very quick 4.5  (one of the best setup and tuned)that we are looking to sell if you are interested.  There is a Nacra 4.5 facebook page that is a resource for info.  If you go 4.5 you will never look back. Also the 4.5 has very active racing fleets in many states. Many of the 4.5 skippers weigh above 85kg and are very quick. Let me know if you want any further info on our boat or the 4.5 in general.  Where are you located? We are in Brisbane.  

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for you insight on the 4.5 and 5.0. The 4.5 seems to be a very popular and on point boat here in SE Qld, I am located on the Sunshine Coast. Being 90+ kg I thinking maybe the 5.0 and over the last 12months I have seem many 5.0s under $3-4k and most 4.5s $7k+.

My preference was alway a 4.5 and you have now confirmed my choice. I am in no real rush as I am committed to travelling with my sons who is 14 Laser sailing. I will keep an eye out over the next 6months or so a hope a 4.5 comes onto the market at a reasonable price.

Obviously I would be interested in your sons boat subject to price. Happy for you to call me on 0499 022 161 or text me your number, so I can call you.

Cheers Stuart

• 3 months later...