"New" Rudder Casing Retaining Clips

Chookie

Before moving to Perth 2years ago, I had the rudder gudgeons upgraded to the latest system which incorporated two pins mounted to the transom on each hull which relyed on a "R" pin arrangement to retain the rudder casing. These "R" pins eventually failed and are now no longer used eek.gif . Instead, a sprung stainless steel clip is used which I have subsequently purchased, but have no idea as to how or where they are mounted (I assume on the transom) confused.gif . Requests to Bris Cat for an e-mailed image of some installed clips or installation instructions have been fruitless so far frown.gif . Can anyone else help me?

TIA

Chookie

N5.0 #1880 "Hawaii 5.0"

chookie,

i have emailed you a photo!!

Originally posted by Chookie:

Before moving to Perth 2years ago, I had the rudder gudgeons upgraded to the latest system which incorporated two pins mounted to the transom on each hull which relyed on a "R" pin arrangement to retain the rudder casing. These "R" pins eventually failed and are now no longer used eek.gif . Instead, a sprung stainless steel clip is used which I have subsequently purchased, but have no idea as to how or where they are mounted (I assume on the transom) confused.gif . Requests to Bris Cat for an e-mailed image of some installed clips or installation instructions have been fruitless so far frown.gif . Can anyone else help me?

TIA

Chookie

N5.0 #1880 "Hawaii 5.0"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived