Peel Island Marathon - multihull division A results

Interceptor

This post goes out to Ben Brooks and Scott Dewar who sailed Hobie 16 with spinnaker "knot a clue" in the Peel Island Marathon on Sunday, 20 May 2007.

I was sailing in Division A and distinctly saw you fellows starting with Division B about 45 minutes before we did.

I suggest you have a look at the results. Your elapsed time was better than the Hobie Tiger and Capricorn by a long way. You are probably very good sailors but I doubt that you are that good.

I saw that you two are young fellows, and I believe that you were genuinely mistaken in starting when you did and were probably as surprised as I was then they announced the results.

I raised the matter with the fellow announcing the presentation as soon as he put the microphone down. I have also sent CYC an email.

I look forward to you demonstrating what good sportsmen you are by contacting CYC to set the record straight before they contact you.

Please be aware that this email is not motivated by any desire on my part to improve our standings in the results (we came 4th - I don't want a beer glass with CYC on it). It is a matter of principle.

I look forward to you posting me a response on this forum.

Kind regards

Jason Buckland

Archived