Where can I find a catamaran club in Sydeny

Guest K-mpec

Guest K-mpec

Hi all,

I am an international student in Sydney and would like to continue my sport in australia as well. But I do have difficulties to find a suitable catamaran club in Sydney.

I do not have an own boat redface.gif) and the club should be somewhere in the eastern suburbs. But i do also have a car, so that I could also go to north sydney (but not much farer).

I hope someone can make me some recommendations. See ya,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

You will not find a cat club on the Harbour. You have 2 options

Pitwater Cat Club

or

Kurnell Cat Club

I race at the Kurnell Club which boasts many Past and Present State, National, World and Olympic Champions.

Classes raced here include

Tornado, A Class, F-18, F-16, Taipan 4.9, Nacra 5.8, Nacra 5.0, Nacra 14 sq, Hobie, Mari, Windrush.

The club website is www.kcc.asn.au

Check it out. If you don't have a boat we will be able to get you on one or our club has a Narca 5.2 for sale at $900 which is a great buy. Our club also boasts 2 lock up storage compounds. One with mast up storage.

We start racing on Saturday 12th September. Be there at about 10am and ask around for a ride.

You could also e-mail me on steve@tornadoalive.com or look out for Tornado AUS-260

PS - I live in Glebe so if you have any transport problems please contact me.

Regards

Stephen Medwell

AITA President

www.tornadoalive.com

SEBASTIAN,

STEVE HAS SAID IT ALL, COME ON DOWN TO KURNELL AND WE WILL SHOW YOU AROUND.

SOME OF OUR LOCAL MANUFACTURED CLASSES / BOATS CAN EASILY MIX IT WITH OTHERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

A CHEAP MARICAT FROM $500 UP IS COMPETITIVE WITH A NEW MAINSAIL OR EVEN A WINDRUSH FOR CLOSE RACING IN THE 14 FOOTERS WITH BOAT STORAGE AVAILABLE FOR SAILING MEMBERS OF THE KURNELL CAT. CLUB. ( I THINK THE CLUB IS SELLING A WINDRUSH ON TRAILER CHEAP ).

EVEN SOME "A " CLASSES FOR SALE AND TAIPANS TOO, IF YOU HAVE THE CASH$$$$$$..

PLENTY OF POSSIBILITIES FOR YOU.......

SEE YOU AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.

CHEERS DAVE " SKYE "

Archived