How Many 5.8s

Guest AwesumCrew

Guest AwesumCrew

Any Ideas on how many 5.8s would be likely to sail the Nationals at Cootharaba in January. Seems only 5 or 6 at the states and about 10 at last years Nats. More the merrier of course but realistically ?

Cheers Team Awesum

Guest AwesumCrew

Yes I agree there's plenty out there, we had three compete at Yeppoon regatta a few weeks where it blew it tits off . Two of these boats I believe to be going to the Lake in January.

I urge ALL nacra sailors, not just 5.8s to get them selves organised, book some accom. and make your way to the Lake. I know there will be good classes in all fleets, but it is up to the sailors themselves to get there mates and fellow Nacramaniacs to attend. The manufacturer and association along with these websites and magazines can promote the regatta, but word of mouth is an amazing tool. Mike make sure Awesum is there and hopefully we will see the return of the yellow wigs!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Team Goose

Well I guess I need a road train for my trip over. At least its only 4700kms and its all on highway 1, So even I can't get lost.

I only carry enough rum to clear SA as you can't drink their water.

Hope to see as many 5.8's as possable.

By the way SA, the success of your nationals last year is only judged by the number that travel this year.

Regards Goose

PS SA did you guys ever finish that video that was being produced, I would like to obtain a copy if so. cheers!

Archived