What the hell am I sailing.

Bridgehugger

Somebody Help me. I have had this Cat for three months and am having a ball. I thought it was a Maricat 4.3 but after breaking a Rudder and sending off to queensland for a new one I find that the new Rudder in nothing like whats on it.Brisbane Cat Centre says there is only one type of Rudder for all Maricats in either long or short.

Sooooo What am I sailing? As you can tell I know heaps about Catamarans. I bought this thing off some other Mental Mamoth who didn't know what it was either. I had never rigged one before but managed that Ok.

There is no ID of any kind on this Cat. However there is a sticker on the hulls that reads Cruz Cat. It has Storage on each hull.

A Jib.It is a fraction over 4.3. The Hulls turn up at the front like a Maricat The Front and rear Beams are made of the same exstrusion as the mast. It has a Trampoline.

The Rudders are removed for transport and when they are (in the all the way up) position they stick out horisontal.

Anybody got any ideas yet?

Rob.

This one brings back some memories. The Cruz cat was built between 1979 and 1981 firstly in Toowoomba and then in the Mooloolaba/Maroochydore area. It was 14 feet cat rigged with an optional jib. Had the storage lockers as mentioned above. The emblem on the sail was a small palm tree. I bought one new in 1980 and broke three hulls in six months. The factory finally built me some decent hulls and it was OK. I saw the light soon after and bought an A Class.......... Where do you sail? I saw one on the water a few weeks ago in Brisbane. Replacement rudders might be hard to find as the factory disappeared in the early eighties.

Cheers

AUS 824

Yep you got it one John, Palm Tree on the sail alright Big lockers. Sail number 100

Thanks Regards Rob.

Originally posted by John Dowling:

This one brings back some memories. The Cruz cat was built between 1979 and 1981 firstly in Toowoomba and then in the Mooloolaba/Maroochydore area. It was 14 feet cat rigged with an optional jib. Had the storage lockers as mentioned above. The emblem on the sail was a small palm tree. I bought one new in 1980 and broke three hulls in six months. The factory finally built me some decent hulls and it was OK. I saw the light soon after and bought an A Class.......... Where do you sail? I saw one on the water a few weeks ago in Brisbane. Replacement rudders might be hard to find as the factory disappeared in the early eighties.

Cheers

AUS 824

Archived