Nacra 500 needed in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria

Guest Gavin

Guest Gavin

I am looking for a good used Nacra 500 for cruising in Port Phillip Bay down in Victoria with my brothers this coming summer. Yes I am a cruising man. Have never raced (except by accident). I have made a few modifications to the Nacra 500 which I have over in America. Here is the rig. http://endtimepilgrim.org/photo30.htm

my email is gwfinley@hotmail.com

Gavin Finley

Guest Gavin

You sound like a Hobie man. Yes I thought the Hobie 16's might be a bit more available in Oz. That is certainly the case worldwide. I like the Nacra 500 since it has more waterline length and has more freeboard and upfront buoyancy which makes for a drier passage and weight carrying capacity up forward. So I thought I'd have a go at finding one.

The concept of adapting beachcats for cruising the outer islands is virtually unknown. But over here in Florida the rig I have always draws a crowd. They have never seen such a thing. I have improved it further since these photos were taken. So go easy on your fellow Aussie. You are looking at some pioneering here mate. And we are usually on the cutting edge.

Archived