Mainsail leech sticking in mast track

Michael Bradshaw

Harken's team mclube is excellent for lubricating sails, it doesnt leave any residue and sand dont stick to it.

make your your plastic stoppers on the batten pockets are ok, what can happen is the batten slips past and into the mast track, makes it very difficult to raise the sail.

yeh just spray lube up the track before you put your mast up. i do mine every time, you will not believe the difference. it also means that your sail will work better when you are playing the down hall. at the moment if you are having trouble with it going up the mast then it is also affecting the performance of the boat. ps make sure you boat is facing directly into the wind when putting sail up, 5 dec off and that will make it hard also.

Sail leech???

you mean luff!!(I hope)

any silicon release spray , you can get ronston sailfast but I use one you get from clark rubber or Supercheap ,same stuff half the price and twice the amount.yes its fine to spray the bolt rope ,probly wouldn't advise hosing it all over the sail though ( also good on jib zippers!!)

Archived