Starting out

wooza

Im looking for advice on getting into a Nacra. Have found an 18 sq nearby (without a few bits) around $3K, what's a reasonable price and how impractical for 1 up is it. I'm around 90kg. Is a 16 sq a better option, and has anyone got one looking for a new home

cheers

Originally posted by wooza:

Im looking for advice on getting into a Nacra. Have found an 18 sq nearby (without a few bits) around $3K, what's a reasonable price and how impractical for 1 up is it. I'm around 90kg. Is a 16 sq a better option, and has anyone got one looking for a new home

cheers

The 18 Square is a sensational boat to sail and very fast and stable. The sheer power sailing them in about 15 knots and slowly lifting the hull as the breeze kicks in a bit more is something to behold.

They are big, wide and fast, but a handful for one person to trailer, rig and all that. The mast is heavy, they are on a tilt trailer and if you do capsize, they can be a handful to get back up.

Still, if there was a class I would consider one, but the 16 is also a great boat and better for todays sailing.

Archived