5.8 Trailer

Michael Bradshaw

Originally posted by Michael Bradshaw:

I am currently organising some insurance for my 5.8 and the company needs to know the replacement price of the trailer. Can anyone give me a basic idea of the price to replace the trailer? I have also not totally decided on who to insure with. Any suggestions who is good, with good premiums, cover etc . .

Brought one 12 months ago,

brand new cat hauler,registered around $1350-$1400

sail boxes $375

[This message has been edited by Village Idiot (edited 12 November 2005).]

Try Club Marine Insurance online.They gave me a resonable quote and if you buy the policy online they give you an extra 5% off.I think that my premium including the discount was $368.00 with racing risk with the boat insured for $12,000.00. Bloody NRMA wanted close to $590.00 for the same thing and also told me that boats for sale are NOT covered.It doesn't even mention it in the disclosure booklet. Regards Graceland

Club marine don't like it when you make a claim, they will almost certainly not re-insure if you make 2 claims in one year. (QBE are the same)

We have found the RACT to be very good, this season one of the taipans in our club broke a mast and had a cheque 3 days later and a mast inside 2 weeks.

Last year I had to make a claim with the RACT because our sail was run over by an A-class, they covered that and when my renewal came it still has a 15% no claim bonus.

one thing to consider when insuring the trailer, is it the replacement cost your interested in or the repair value which would be a lot cheaper. $300 would fix most trailers I would imagine.

Archived