Nacra 5.8 2006 States at Trial Bay N.S.W.

GRACELAND1216

The Nacra 5.8 N.S.W states were held at Trial Bay on the 11th - 12th March combinded with the Taipans and F18's, a total of 62 catamarans. With 11 5.8 entries and one being from Queensland it is the best number of 5.8's sailing together in N.S.W for a fair few years.

On Saturday 3 races were scheduled with the first race at 13.00 the breeze was just starting to kick in at about 8 knots. For races 2 and 3 the wind cranked up to about 13 knots which was the best breeze we had all weekend. After the first 3 races the 2 Daves from Queensland on Black Jack scored 3 first places, Trevor and Greg on Crazy Buoys 3 2nds and 1604, Foreign Order and Yukka ll each scored a 3rd place.

Trevor and Rev organised a BBQ for Saturday night where you had to bring your own meat, beer, rum and deck chair but worked out well with every body enjoying themselves. During the evening Rev did the 5.8 Super Series presentation with plenty of trophies being handed out, a big thanks to Rev's old man Bill who hand make all the trophies and done a great job especially the one for dead last. Rev has all the results for the Super Series but is on a junket in Queensland somewhere at the moment.

Sunday morning the sea looked like a lake with most sailors not keen to leave the shore due to the gusty 3 - 4 knots of breeze. The race commenced in 3 - 4 knots with some boats falling in to giant holes while others got reasonable breeze and lifts. The winner for that race went to Tony and Paul on Loose. By the 2nd race on Sunday the wind was blowing in at 10 knots and made all the sailors happy after sailing the first race in such shit conditions. Race 5 went to Steve And Todd on Foreign Order.

OVERALL RESULTS FOR THE 5.8 N.S.W STATE TITLE

1ST...BLACK JACK.1641.DAVE AND DAVE...SOUTHPORT QLD

2ND...CRAZY BUOYS...1575.TREVOR AND GREG...KURNELL

3RD...FOREIGN ORDER...1591.STEVE AND TODD...PORT HUNTER

4TH...LOOSE...1559.TONY AND PAUL...WINDAMERE

5TH...YUKKA ll...1639 REV AND GERALD...WINDAMERE

• 3 weeks later...

633 had the blue striped sails until very recently but he has bought a brand new set of sails to replace the old ones.

I got the blue stripe sails about 2 months ago and it is a brilliant sail. It got us 1st place in the under 1500 number boats at the titles.

Haven't heard of 636 or 1205, they are more than likely with the rest of the missing 5.8s, rusting in a back yard some where.

Well I will be the proud owner of a little 4.5 in a week or so. I know there are none racing around here, but I may just come along to a few of your races to have a sail and see my old boats.

I know there are other 4.5's out there as Rosco and Wazza keep pumping them out, so the social sailors may want to head around the cans occasionally.

hey all nacra's are good, we will have a class for any type of nacra next year in the super series that we get 5 or more of. or we will have a mixed division class that we will run on vyc. so get out and buy a nacra over winter and join in the fun for next year. Emmessee we will see you there. all of the places you mentioned we run a round at or near so see you on the water. REV YUKKA II

I will be at a few of them mate and look forward to it. As I have a young family I may not make them all, but I will get to the ones that I can with the 1.3 metre short boat that I will have.

Maybe a 5.8 in a couple of years. I did sail them for 10 years though way back when I was skinny.

Hey Emmessee,

To post photos on this forum they need to be hosted on a website somewhere else. You can't upload photos from your computer to this forum. Most of mine are hosted on the Port Hunter Website, i go there and find the photo I want to attach, click on the properties, copy the properties, and add  to the begining than paste the properties than add at the end.

The photo of the Nacra 4.5 come from the Nacra website and the properties are http://www.nacra.com.au/IMAGES/0011_1.JPG

To attach the photo place  before the http and at the end after JPG.

Here is the properties of the photo below

http://porthunter.skiffclub.net/Images/2005_2006_Nacra_Regatta//20060212_100_1130a.jpg which is the webpage for the photo, just add the  and to link the image to this forum. If you want to place some photos on this forum and haven't got a host website, email the photos to me and I will host them for you.

Regards Graceland 1591.

20060212_100_1130a.jpg

[This message has been edited by GRACELAND1216 (edited 06 April 2006).]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived