Pitch polling!!

WindGR

Hello guys.

Just went back from the European champioship in Thessaloniki here in Greece. I saw great things there. I also saw the australian champions (world champions) Bundock and Ashby. Man those guys are great sailors. I hope i may be like them in the future.

Anyway here is my question. When there a lot of wind and gusts and of course big waves, the nacra (4.5) pitch polling a lot. Even on the wire and back on the boat the effect is strong. I am in a position that i dont let the cat flip over but you know i am loosing speed from it. Is there any trim, setup or any tip from you guys that i can do to the cat so i can minimize the pitch polling effect?? I thing that this particular boat has the tendency to pitch poll in such conditions but maybe im wrong. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

when the wind comes up try raking the mast back further than you usually do,get the center of gravity and the center of force further aft ,,it's trial and error drop the side stays down a couple of holes and fore stay up a couple of holes and go out and see how she feels , you may end up with several settings for different conditons..

Archived