soldiers point

yarra bay

Yarra,

Soldiers Point is not a bad regatta but we have had a fairly hectic program at Speers Point and especially after being at Wang the previous weekend without the girlfriends and wives. You should come down to Speers Point for a sail one weekend, we usually have at least 6 to 7 Nacras sailing most weekend out of tthe 9 x 5.8's

well the sailing yest was sooooooooo good flat water fast boat and yes i do under stand what you guys are sailing about being away all the time that can stuff other regattas. as it stands soldiers point will not be holding its winter regatta any more, some times the travelers series can stuff up long standing regattas so next year you might look at holding them at place where there is already a regatta on at i have seen this happen in the hobie seen but anyway see you guys in a few weeks down south

we did go to soldiers point regatta last year and found that they didn't really care if they had cats there or not. we where not told when the presentation was on and we had a seven 5.8's there and where not even given our own class. the event on the water was fine though. it is more of a mono based club and that feeling came through. at our club we don't care what you sail and just want boats on the water.

in regards to your comments on a traveler series stuffing up long standing regatta's. it is obvious that you have not done any reserch into the "nacra super series" what so ever. the nacra super series is only run in conjuction with a clubs open regatta. if any club would like to host a round of the super series in conjunction with there regatta all they need do is approch the nsw nacra association and express an interest.and i might point out there was no nacra super series event on last weekend so i think you sould re think your comments before you start telling us how we should plan our events.or get down to the state's and put your hat in the ring for the committee and be a part of organising some stuff instead of standing on the outside and shooting off unfounded comments. it is also not our job to work out where every regatta is being held in nsw and then work around them all. it is our job to promote getting people onto a nacra and enjoying the company and competion with other like minded people and working out a program that allows people to get to as many events as possible.

cheers Martin Horder (Nacra NSW President)

hey i have never claimed to have made this idea up, i saw the hobbies 16 doing it and copied what seemed to be working for them. and through having a go and getting it working we know have a strong fleet of nacra 5.8's in NSW. from all reports we should expect 20 plus 5.8's at the state's next weekend. and 1/2 of those boats are 1500 sail number plus boats.

Archived