Shock cord on dolphin stricker

bohung

I was wondering if anyone knows why my old prindle 16 had shock cord on the dolphin stricker when i bought it 18months ago as i could not figure out what it was for and removed it after 3 months.

Have not seen to many prindles around my way and none of the Hobies i have seen have them.

Can some one help me as i am addicted to getting my old girl to going faster and want to know if this will help.

hi,

some cats use the D/Sriker support post to loop the trapeze shockcord (that goes across, under the tramp), around, to give some extra length to the shockcord.

phone ROSS, at the Brisbane Catamaran Centre, 07 32714944, they build Prindles.

pete smile.gif

[This message has been edited by xmatelot (edited 21 June 2006).]

[This message has been edited by xmatelot (edited 21 June 2006).]

Thanks for that xmatelot, but this piece of shockcord had nothing to do with the trapeze shockcords as they are on the out side of the hulls and independant and nothing attached to them and the piece i was talking about travelled from the left to the right of the whole dolphin striker, but i will ring Ross in Brisbane, thanks for the phone number.

The only thing that i can think of is that it has somthing to do with the jib as it quite often gets hooked on the mast and the shock cord might have to be hooked on somthing to stop the jib catching when changing direction.

Or is my jib too big???

Thanks for reminding me of this Emmessee as i had forgotten of this.

Archived