Trapeze wire mast attachment windrush 14

Kieran Brown

Can someone advise me on where to attach trapeze wires on the mast please?

My guess was to use the same way the side stays are run - through side straps(?) onto the central mast attachment. Having had my first experience using the trapeze today, I now wonder if I should have just attached to the central part only - as the angle of the trapexe wire when in use is way different to the stay and seems to be pulling the strap thing out from the mast...

Regards,

Kieran.

Thanks Michael!

So is the hound fitting at the top, with the "small hangers on either side of the mast" below it?

This is the way mine is done - a central fitting with two side fittings lower...

The stays attach to the central fitting, but pass through the lower side fittings.

Regards,

Kieran

the Hound fitting is the main stainless steel attachment on the mast. it sounds like yours has a different fitting than the factory hound. The factory setup is that the stays connect onto a shackle at the hound and then run unobstructed to the deck saddle not through another fitting.

the hangers on mine are above the hound fitting and are completely seperate to the side stays. the only thing the hangers do is connect the trapeze wires to the mast.

Archived