F18

Well the other f18's are on there way. This means that there are going to be a lot of people going to have HEAPS of fun & close racing. What a way to go! When you see these fab boats on or off the water Have a close look at them see what everyone is on about. Best you Bring ya cheque book cause these things a adictive. It's the future of cat sailing plus it's fun on & off the water. Just one big family having fun. See you on the water.

Kevlar

Have a Hobie day

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest aus177

close racing is great

but with the international canoe

is that where you expected to be last sunday Russ as you passed the windward mark for the first time

and where the hell is that other F18 thats been coming for the last six months but never turned up

Don,

racing the international canoe takes a great amount of skill.like i have shown you guys before any body can sail these things fast but it takes skill to slow them down.

Did you see me blow him away down hill.He almost got caught in my vortex.

Guest aus177

not going to keppel at this stage

we have our state titles at humpybong on the anzac weekend (philby picks up his 5.7 tomorrow)

peel island is tempting, probably mothers day as always, might have kegan back on board by then(its amazing how a 3 month break can rejuvinate)

definately going to mission beach in october if i can get leave from the rugby world cup.

plan a ten day holiday up there

walker

Guest aus177

close racing

try etchell sailing as i have on the last two saturdays

Manly and Mooloolabah

you can go from first to last and back to first on one wind shift

and as main sheet hand up wind and spinakker sheet down wind - never ever ever ever take your eyes off the spinnaker (not even to sneeze)

walker

Don't ever talk to me about heavy boats again!

Mal its all relative, Etchell's are not heavy compared with Volvo 60's, just like F-18's are light compared with say.. a MACK TRUCK ehehe.

There is nothing wrong with Etchell's or Dragon's, except for the people that sail em smile.gif

Well funny you should say that, we have a yacht club down here where the water is so shallow, you *could* drive a Mack truck most of the way round the course! I only sailed there the once, and afer more than 50% of the fleet ran around on the leward bouy, I decided not to return smile.gif

Guest aus177

aus63 the one at RQYS that hasn't been raced much in a while

used to belong to warren day from the gold coast

walker

ps if the F18's sail at RQ they can use the etchell crane for a small fee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aus177

I must say I am really missing something.

This weekend (Easter 2003) we have two fleets of F18s sailing state titles at separate venues within 170km of each other, boats travelling thousands of kms to get there.

We all know that Brad Sumner should win the Hobies and that the Brewins and Guineas will fight out the Nacras.

But for the life of me I can't understand why they are sailing at separate venues.

One venue one start and great racing at every opportunity, are you really trying to build the fleet or do we continue as always to sail under the manufactures name.

walker

and as a spectator this easter would love to watch these great sailors carving it up together.

Yes Don, You have missed something. F 18 is the best of both worlds. We have both a class pedigree and a combined affiliation.

Our first F18 nationals is about to be announced. Don't be surprized to see some bigger names appear from the international arena.

There is still time to take a diamond saw to your boat and turn it into an F18. I tell you what, I'll even pay for your measurement fee

Mal

Guest no nane

thats a bit harsh mal why turn a litter boat into a heavy one.you guys should be promiting sailing in all classes and stop bitching.there are many good boats to sail on not just f18.sailing is only getting smaller ore is it?

Archived