equal footing

Guest loose end

Guest loose end

IN recant months i have watched the great debate about the f18 yardstick. Weather it should be 72 or 70 ?. I thought the hole idea of the f18 was to race on a equal footing and not compete against other boats with y.s. Bye the way were are all the f18 why arent they traveling around to promote themselfs . or do they only sail once a year.? come on guys if you have a f18 lets sea it and prove its the boat to have.

The whole VYC handicaps are a joke. Very few clubs that I know of even send in their results to the VYC. The idea of being able to set a yardtick that is fair across the wind scale from 0-25 knts is fanciful.

The F18 and Taipan 5.7 are not as competative in winds less than 10Knts compared to the 5.8 and 4.9 and vs versa for higher winds.

The F18 will race against the F18 on equal footings - first across the line wins !

The VYC yardsticks are less reliable than your local club handicap. Not all boats and sailors are equal therefore it is difficult for a body that does not get much input from catsailing to be able to set reliable yardsticks

Archived