Hydro Foil on a cat

cat scratch fever

Hi

Does anyone know much, experimenting with the foil? fin. If you know about tow in surfing they use extra long fins (2-3ft) out of the board - this allows them to get the surfboard out of the water - less resistence etc. I was in a Chandlers the other week when we grabbed a mag with a paper tiger (i think) on the front with foil - with the whole cat riding a few feet out of the water.

Wondering how you would steer as well, as i presume the rudders would be clear of the thought

Anyway, exciting thought/prospect

Laters

Cat

• 3 weeks later...

In the seventies (that's the 1970's) There was a Tornado with hydrofoils. It was called the Icarus. Maybe if you look on the net you can find something about it. All I know is that it hold the world speedrecord for quite some time.

Good luck!

Originally posted by cat scratch fever:

Hi

Does anyone know much, experimenting with the foil? fin. If you know about tow in surfing they use extra long fins (2-3ft) out of the board - this allows them to get the surfboard out of the water - less resistence etc. I was in a Chandlers the other week when we grabbed a mag with a paper tiger (i think) on the front with foil - with the whole cat riding a few feet out of the water.

Wondering how you would steer as well, as i presume the rudders would be clear of the thought

Anyway, exciting thought/prospect

Laters

Cat

• 3 weeks later...

Archived