cat clubs ideas

fantom

our sailing at windamere gets stonger every year. the main reason is that we keep it very fun and social. we also run a handicap system that allows the slower less competitive boats get a shot at coming 1st accross the line. every person remembers there 1st race win and we try to have a different winner for all 16 races. i have noticed that after some one was got a win under there belt they start becoming a lot more competitive and get very keen on the sport. we usally get all the fleet to finish with in 5 mins of one another.

Cleveland had a try sailing day last weekend .. what a success with over 50 visitors turning up ... the support given by the club members was exellent ensuing that all the visitors were made to feel welcome and have a ride of a lifetime on the water.. pity tho that we now have a long break before we start up again.

Hello all,

We have had a few try sailing days, linked with the YA day (first weekend in nov.)

I find that we get heaps of people down there, all really enjoying themselves. But there is little take up afterwards.

Seems that its a joyride for the day.

Perhaps we need to chase them up afterwards.

Ant.

This Saturday (December 18) I am heading down to Balmoral with the German Flyer A-Class first up in the morning.

I have just taken delivery of a brand new sail with a massive head on it (nearly a metre 90 degrees out from the mast) and a brand new Fibrefoam mast.

Even though it is a "centreboard" club and stick to mono hulls only, they don't mind cats sailing from the same area.

If there are any other cat sailors with nothing on tomorrow morning, come down for a play.

If you have not been sailing there before, you will be suprised how nice it is to rig and sail out of the park.

Archived