Mainsheet systems

berny

I'm currently running a standard 6:1 rear beam setup. It has some drawbacks like providing a cleat position which can either be set to allow cleating, or un-cleating, of the sheet from trapeze, but not both. It also makes the sheet somewhat difficult to grab off the tramp because it can be anywhere between the hulls after a tack/jibe.

I'd prefer the sheet be more easily accessible so I'm thinking about maybe a mid to forward boom sheeting position via a swivel block on the boom and I was wondering if any of you have experience with similar systems.

Hi there Bern,

Centre sheeting is often done on the A-Class and is easy to set up. I could do either on mine and even though I prefered the rear sheeting, I sometimes did centre sheeting in the really windy stuff as it made going wild easier.

There are a few ways to do it, but running a tight line from front to rear beam under the tramp with a gromet in the middle and the block above the tramp.

I think if you look at the A-Class forum and see Ashby's boat there are a few shots of his set up.

Matt

Hi, I do not have any personal experience with boom sheeting systems but i know that some paper tiger guys use it. Some diagrams from there website are

mainsh1.gif

mainsh2.gif

For Diagram A just move the Ratchet block up to the boom. These will then both be 5:1 systems, so you may want to use triple blocks instead of doubles.

Archived