which harness?

Touche

Hi there everyone.

I'm sailing a nacra 5.8 and am in need of a new harness since my current burke one is crap. I'm wondering what I should get? I've seen the magic marnine ones on this site but would like to know if they're any good before I spend 200 or so bucks. If not these ones then what is good? I'm mainly loooking for comfort and am tall and skinny.

Thanks in advance for any replys,

Stuart.

The Magic Marine Ultimate harness is brilliant. I have recommended them to a few people and I haven't heard a bad comment yet. They're probably one of the most expensive on the market at the moment but you get what you pay for. I have a couple of $90 Burke harnesses and I wouldn't wouldn't waste the gas in my lighter to dispose of them... Sorry Mr Burke.

Are you skippering or crewing on the 5.8? I am am about 2/3 of the way through the season with the magic marine hydro harness. It does not have any shoulder straps and is fantastic, particularly for the skipper. The freedom is great and you would be surprised how little the shoulder straps really do!

the only thing I will say for the new magic marine harness's they do not seem as robust as the older ones. 3 of us brought new ones at the start of the season (1x hydro and 2x ultimate) and they are all fraying, yet one purchased 18 months ago has little signs of wear at all.

thankyou everyone for the replys, iy has helped a lot. To answer 'Hood's' question I am skippering on the nacra, not racing it (this might change next season) but using it often on Lake Macquarie.

p.s; 'oldtimer', it doesn't appear that your letter made it through.

Hi Stuart,

I have used a Burke harness and they are CRAP,not to bad if you wearing a wetsuit but no good for shorts and the shoulder straps keep falling off your shoulders.

At the moment i'm using a skiff harness which is a custom fit from a sailmaker (around $230) with an internal spreader bar and it doesn't crush your hips but is no good if your loosing or gaining weight because there is no adjustment.

If I was you I would be looking for one which meets the new requirements of a quick release mechnism because harnesses tend to last a long time if they are looked after.

Regards Graceland.

Archived